fbpx

10 Comments

1. Kathryn Hodder
    April 23, 2016 @ 12:25 pm

Hi Stephen,
    i am an immigration solicitor and preparing for an application to the SRA for authorisation for a Community Interest Company, either as a sole practitioner or with a former colleague as an ABS. Yes I know, a decision must be made!
    I discovered your site yesterday and am finding it very useful and inspiring. I have become rather bogged down in lengthy policies!
    My question is about how you manage without a client account in respect to experts’ reports and costs?
    Thank you in advance for your help. i may have other questions shortly.
    Kind regards,
    Kathryn Hodder

2. parentingtipsforchildrenwithasd
    May 23, 2016 @ 3:35 pm

Really helpful. I am a Solicitor and recently stopped working to care for my autistic child. I was considering if it was possible to do some freelance work but I gather it is far from straightforward. This was very helpful. Thank you for sharing.

• Stephen Oldham
      May 23, 2016 @ 3:44 pm

Hi – Glad that this was useful. If you are doing freelance work for other firms you might not need to set up a firm. Just get a practising certificate and do work under their flag (and their professional indemnity insurance).
      Stephen

3. Contributors and authors wanted! | Law Practice Manager
    May 26, 2016 @ 11:04 am

[…] management on google. So for example, yesterday I googled “sole practitioner”, and this great blog by Stephen Oldham came up on the first page of google on on how he set himself up as a sole […]

4. Is there more to the future of law firms than technology? | Law Practice Manager
    November 10, 2016 @ 11:40 am

[…] As we seek independence and flexible working, more and more of us will favour the option of being a Sole Practitioner, and this trend could be boosted as the SRA plans to achieve regulation that is appropriate for smaller businesses. Here’s a great post on how to go solo. […]

5. Peter Orji
    February 1, 2018 @ 12:08 pm

Just reading your pages and sharing of information is so inspiring. Wishing you all the best with watever you turn to. You are a really nice person and one clients would like in their corner.

• Stephen Oldham
      February 1, 2018 @ 3:43 pm

Thanks for that Peter. Glad that the info is useful to you.

6. Hannah Uglow
    April 17, 2018 @ 10:16 pm

Am considering this route… invaluable info here. Thanks

• Stephen Oldham